Australian Healthcare Charter of Rights
The Charter describes the rights that consumers, or someone they care for, can expect when receiving health care. Download here.
These rights apply to all people in all places where health care is provided in Australia. This includes public and private hospitals, day procedure services, general practice and other community health services.
What to bring:
- Relevant x rays (if applicable)
- Notes/ letters from your Doctor
- Advice on medication
- All current medication(s) which are to be brought in to the hospital in their original containers
- Medicare card
- Health Insurance Card
- Pensioner Concession Card / Health Care Card (if applicable)
- Veteran Affairs Card (if applicable)
- Worker’s Compensation insurer details (if applicable)
- Third party / Accident details (if applicable)
- Mobility and hearing aids (if applicable)
What not to bring:
- Talcum powder (slip hazard for patients and staff)
- Large amounts of money
On admission please advise staff of any electrical equipment you have brought into the Hospital. For safety all electrical equipment brought into the Hospital requires testing by our maintenance staff. Glenelg Community Hospital will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of personal property kept by patients.
Consumer feedback is valued to ensure we provide high quality care. We would appreciate you completing the Patient Satisfaction Survey.
You have the right to complain about any service. At Glenelg Community Hospital we encourage consumers to let us know if there are any issues that need improving. Most problems which you may experience in hospital can be resolved by bringing them to the attention of your doctor or the nursing staff. If you are unhappy about any aspect of your care, please contact them when the problem first occurs.
The Chief Executive Officer, Director of Nursing & the Registered Nurse in Charge are available to assist all consumers, relatives and friends with any problems you may have. They can be contacted through any of the Hospital staff.